What is a Spacecraft?
In Spacecrafting, we seek to design habitations that go beyond the typical requirements people associate with buildings. To properly design spacecraft, we design a dwelling or space habitation that is a complete system. Rather than create a building that occupies land, we create a building to be symbiotic with the landscape around it.
If one first brings to mind a spacecraft, most would think of a vessel to travel through outer space. In order to allow the inhabitants to survive the round trip through outer space, an entire system of biological functions must be included in the workings of the spacecraft. The traditional method designing and building is to provide shelter and commodity for its occupants. While this is a necessary function, it does not analyze the complete biological systems required for survival.
- providing habitat for flora and fauna.
- Purification of water through natural systems.
- Purification of air by increasing biological plant carrying capacity per acre to reduce CO2.
- Providing carbon neutral power with built-in power generation systems.
- Eliminating building related illnesses.
- Providing high-quality lighting with no cost overhead.
- Including built-in food production small-scale farming.
- Providing many views and much light to improve psychological well-being.